Established in 1996, Prudence OT delivers leading occupational therapy expert witness reports for all areas of compensation law.
PrudenceOT has a team of highly experienced, clinically-trained personal injury OT specialists located across Australia. Our team has multidisciplinary clinical experience as well as proven court, joint expert witness conclave, mediation and settlement conference experience.
This means we can deliver a high volume of comprehensive, quality assessments in a timely manner from anywhere.
occupational therapy medico-legal reports delivered per month
years delivering reports and expert witnesses to the medico-legal industry
business day turnaround for all medico-legal reports anywhere in Australia
Your trusted partners for personal injury OT assessments and opinion
At Prudence OT, we’re more than just occupational therapists. We’re your trusted Australia-wide partners in delivering actionable insights for your personal injury cases.
- Cutting through complexity: We translate medical jargon into clear, plain-speaking insights, empowering informed decisions for all parties involved.
- One-stop expertise: We triage requirements and seamlessly connect you with the most qualified occupational therapy expert for your specific case.
- Comprehensive assessments: We delve beyond the injury, covering key areas like functional capacity, lost earning potential, care needs, and vocational options.
- Judicious outcomes: Our high-quality, objective assessments guide towards fair and balanced compensation across all personal injury matters.
- Unwavering Ethics: We are fiercely committed to unbiased, evidence-based reports, driven by integrity and fairness.
- Adapt & Adopt: We embrace continuous learning, innovation, and collaboration, always striving to deliver the best possible service.
- Grow Well: We foster a supportive environment where feedback is valued, growth is encouraged, and well-being takes centre stage.
- Belonging & Balance: Rooted in a sense of family, we cultivate inclusivity, connection, and work-life balance.
- Dependable: You can rely on us to consistently meet deadlines, deliver on promises, and build trust through our actions.
- Understanding: We approach every situation with an open mind, valuing diverse perspectives and actively seeking new learnings.
- Encouraging Team: We collaborate seamlessly, fostering an environment where everyone feels empowered to contribute and thrive.
- Current: We stay ahead of the curve, constantly updating our knowledge with the latest trends, regulations, and professional practices.
- Timely: We understand the importance of efficiency, delivering reports promptly thanks to our dedicated operations team.
We provide medico-legal reports for a range of compensation cases and personal injury types:
Areas of Law Practice
TPD, Superannuation & Income Protection
Dust Disease, Mesothelioma & Asbestos
Motor Vehicle & Transport Accidents
Nervous Shock Claims
Compensation to Relatives Claims
NDIA – Administrative Review Tribunal (ART)
Injury Types Assessed
Acquired Brain Injury (Traumatic Brain Injury, Stroke, Hypoxia/Anoxia, and others)
Spinal Cord Injury
Psychological & Psychiatric Injury
Birth Injuries (Mother or Baby)
Cancer and Palliative Care
Cardiovascular & Respiratory System Injuries and Conditions
Gastrointestinal System Injuries and Conditions
Urinary & Reproductive System Injuries and Conditions
Book an OT assessment and medico-legal report for your personal injury case
Our management team is focused on delivery
Founder and Executive Director, Quality Assurance
By founding PrudenceOT in 1996, Prue Sandford is arguably one of Australia’s first medicolegal occupational therapists (OTs) and was one of only a handful of Australia’s leading occupational therapists providing medicolegal reports through until the early 2000s.
Prue went on to build a faculty of OTs, distilling her knowledge into a growing national team, now comprising nearly 50 expert witness occupational therapists. The quality of each report which was delivered by Prue is now a hallmark of each report delivered by the team, where an uncompromising focus on producing an evidence-based, robust and timely report is the priority. This focus has meant PrudenceOT has becomes a trusted, respected and reliable partner in the personal injury market.
Away from the Board of Prudence, Prue enjoys and practices yoga and Pilates daily, and invests her time in building her knowledge base in health and wellness practices.
Managing Director, Sustainability & Strategic Development
With a focus on quality across all areas of the business and its interaction with customers and clients, Chas brings a unique set of business skills, industry knowledge and life experience to bear.
After joining PrudenceOT in 2005, Chas has built robust business support systems, worked on developing long term relationships with legal and insurance law professionals and positioned the business as a recognised and respected provider of OT medicolegal reports.
Away from the personal injury industry, Chas has held leadership roles as a long standing president of a state league Aussie Rules (AFL) club and more recently as a vice president of a Football club, and boasts a passion for community-based volunteering, exploring the natural environment and skiing.