December 3, 2018
5 Reasons to rely on an Occupational Therapy Assessment in personal injury matters
Occupational Therapy Assessments:
- Provide evidence based expert opinion based on standardised and non-standardised assessments, current research and statistics, and sound clinical reasoning.
- Assess and analyse physical, cognitive and psychological impairments and their combined impact on the ability to meet personal, domestic, home maintenance and transport requirements, travel and leisure needs now and in the future.
- Is a skilled assessment of equipment, home modification and motor vehicle requirements and expert opinion on current and future needs.
- Clinical and case management skills obtained in medical and rehabilitation settings enabling identification of medical and allied health interventions to enhance, maintain or improve current and future function and independence.
- Provision of opinion on ability to maintain and/or provide care for others including paediatric and adult.